Wednesday 31 October 2012

D.I.Y { T-shirt Ruffles}





Tullula had this T-shirt that had stained sleeve and with summer on the way
I got out my tools and had an idea!





 I needed to get the sleeve's off.
unpicking it on the inside.







and the outside.
One off, one to go!






As you can see, I ended up using another material; blue clouds!

So I cut out my sleeve template.
and sewed a small hem on the straight edge.




Then I passed a thread for the gathering.
Folded the sleeve in half and put a pin in the middle as a marker as to where the middle is!




I then pinned the middle of the sleeve to the middle (top) of the t-shirt.

Right sides together, working outside in.



I then pinned the two ends of the sleeve to the lower part of the sleeve on the T-shirt. this way my work is anchored into place, and I used RED pins to do so, this way I know what they are!
The gathering only starts 5cm away from the end of the material, so I also added two pins (on either side) just before where the gathering starts, just to hold my work well into place!

Now I can pull on the gathering thread and place (more or less) the ruffle sleeve.
I did so with yellow pins!

And the sewing together starts!
I sew with my pins in place, just make sure the heads are well out of the way!


and the same on the other side and VOILA!

I think I will add this dragonfly Iron On piece to add something extra to the top!




If you too make this top, do forward me photo's of your work so I can display it here! (if you want)

P.S:I am in the process of making a more comprehensive tutorial for this; so as they say; watch this space!!

Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...