Saturday 13 October 2012

Sleep Tight/Awake Doll { DIY }

A friend lent me a really cool book "Made to Play!" and inside it there a tons of things I really want to make for and with Tullula!
So as today Stephen is at work and we are home I thought lets start with a little project, making sure he was leaving me the Jigsaw behind (I am taking a liking to the Jigsaw lately)!
So we made this little doll, I did add some awake eye's on the other side, so she can be either asleep or awake! 

You will need:
  • Piece of plywood. 80mm wide.
  • Some cotton material  of your choice for the bedding.
  • Some paint or permanent markers.
  • sandpaper
  • jigsaw or hand saw.
  • sewing machine or sewing needles.


Step One: Cut out the Doll template and transfer that onto the plywood.
 

Step Two: Get ready to cut out the doll; I used a Jigsaw!







 Step Three: The job I hate the most; Sanding! 
                      I used a grit 80, and a lot of elbow grease to smooth
                      off all the edges of the doll.
                










Once that's done, 
basically the doll is done and its time to make the bedding!
 I had a very enthusiastic helper!





Sewing:      
  •  1- Sew 3 of the edges of both materials front facing each other.
  • 2- This is how it looks once sewn, turn it all inside out so that the right side of the material is now in the outside!
  • 3/4- Pin over the remaining edge, so it creates a lip and sew it down.
  • 5- then fold over the blanket leaving a backing, so it creates a pocket for the doll to slip into. Sew all the edges to get a nice finish.

  • OPTIONS : You can all a ribbon as to create a strap so it can be carried around like a little bag / You can add a little pillow for the doll and hold it in place with Velcro or a stud!

 The last thing to do it paint/draw the face...
One side asleep and on the other side awake!




Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...