Thursday 18 October 2012

Renovations!





We had found a paid of wooden chairs on the side of the road once, and naturally we picked them up!
They were indeed in a bad state, the top all split and broken...after using them like that for a while, I decided I should try and fix them myself!
My dad used to always say that one is served best by ones self!


So I set out to Bunnings (my local hardware shop) and got some plywood, some paint samples and really that was all I needed as Stephen being a carpenter there is heaps of tool at my disposal!!


So after cutting out the seat using the worn out old one as a template, nailing it into place and sanding the whole chair as best I could, as I was not able to find the sander I had to do it by hand!!!
Oh do I love sanding, NOT!


Tullula sat watching me; waiting for the part she knew was coming...Painting!


I stripped her of her cloths, (didn't want too much paint all over the cloths) and we started to paint!!


We did have to get a few coats on to cover it up properly!


I had cut out a "snow flake" out of cardboard and used it as a template to create a design on the chair!


I had to do some touch up free hand and really I think in the future I would  do a whole lot of different ones to find one that really beautiful but oh well I was eager to get it done and exited of doing it!


I love the result!!


Since Stephen fixed up the 2nd little chairs and has made a table as well for Tullula!


I am happy she finally has her own table and chairs to play at in her little room!







Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...