Monday 15 October 2012

2 Month Later


It has been about that since Tullula and I have been back from Fiji!
My father is on his way back there after spending a little bit of time on the Island of Wallis, a stop over on his way to New Caledonia! I do wish I was going back to visit him....Hmmm...


When we first got back Tullula was really talking a lot more French than English, normal being that she had been surrounded by it for the biggest part of 3 weeks!
Yet her language skills have had a huge boost on the past month, and probably even more so since she has been in the Junior kindy room at day care, surrounded by slightly older children.
Slowing she is definitely talking a lot more in English, even refusing to say things in French at times! Things that I know she can say, like counting! It does sadden me a tiny weeny bit ok a lot at times, but I am conforted by the fact that she still understands EVERYTHING I say to her, and that I know when we go back to France for a visit next year, then she will pick it up again!

But I am finding it hard at times to continue talking to her in French Exclusively, I know I must but somehow at times its a bit hard!!
Especially when she is with her little friends; as they are all now at a talking stage, understanding and communicating...She may understand what I am saying, but now they are left in the dark, so every now and then I have to make an exception and switch to English!

My oh My...This Bilingual business is not easy at times!!!


Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...