Friday 13 July 2012

Why do they do it???


I know that most brands produce things according to the country it’s going to be sold in!
But why do they do it?
Ok, I saw a documentary about the fast food chains, and how they created food to suit the country yet still had their brand that was recognised! That’s I can understand, they wont sell many “Big Macs” in a vegetarian country!!!

The product I am talking about is Nappies!
No hiding that I have a child, conversations change, Crazy!!
First of all, I though wow its cool; they sell packets of 4, 10, and 15 and so on!
That’s kinda made sense to me, people here don’t have as much money so they buy smaller packets, and maybe they don’t even use them all the time! I thought that pretty thoughtful and suits the country!
Now, my experience last year in Noumea of getting the cheap brand was a disaster!! (I buy the cheap no name brand in Australia), but this time I thought I better get something better, something I can trust (well that everyone else trusts) so I got a cute (I think things in small packets are cute, and that maybe because I am not very big myself? Who knows!!!) packet of 4 Huggies nappies!!
Well, you guessed it, I was not impressed!!
Now I have seem many Huggies Nappies back home, as it seems to be the brand most used!
They are colourful and thick!
These ones we white, plasticky and to me really looked even worse than my no name brand back home!! I knew right away they had been made to sell in cheaper countries!!!
Why???
Why make something of poor quality for the poorer?
I think it’s rude of them!!!
Plus, after a couple of hours I had to change Tullula! How is that going to last a whole night??
Good thing I still have a few of my No name brand one!!
I think I am going to write to Huggies and ask them what the deal is!!!


Photobucket 


3 commentaires:

Unknown said...

Good question...are they cheaper there? check if they have another brand that is delivering the high quality ones and maybe Huggies in Fiji are a cheaper option...it happened to me in Spain that Huggies are not the top brand like in Australia they just chose to deliver in Spain for another budget bracket that maybe buys more or something...Mysteries of marketing!

Sarah M. said...

@Ana Foix
This is the response got from them:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thankyou for contacting us via our internet site. Huggies® Nappies are available around the world.

In each country, Huggies Nappies have been specifically designed and manufactured to the individual needs of the babies in that country. Like Australia, the local country of manufacture would conduct research and ask mums to evaluate Huggies Nappies, and product innovations are based on this research. As a result, Huggies Nappies would meet the needs of babies and mums in that country and we cannot guarantee they will be the same as ours here in Australia.

Sarah M. said...

Ana, they are not cheaper, they are the expensive ones!!
I am just amazed at their answer, baby's here must wee less!!!
hahahaha!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...