Thursday 12 July 2012

Suva!
















Suva.
We were not sure if we were going to stay the night or just go for one day.
So we got the first bus, and the cab driver told us that was 6am!!!
Up early is what we did, 4h45…I left Tullula to sleep for as long as possible, got some fruit cup up and ready, some Vegemite and cheese sandwich and her milk bottle…All packed in the bag ready for a potential over night stay!!
Taxi drive to the bus station, at the bus station we hop on the bus, to be told that this bus goes around the island before arriving in Suva! Hmmm not too sure we want to do that…
But we are also told that the express bus is the one right next and that it leaves at 6h30…
Lucky we were early as the bus left at 6h15…Fiji time!!!

From Lautoka to Suva there is 219km, and the bus ride takes 4hrs and costs $10 Australian dollars! (a bit of tour guide info)

The bus did show two movie's, but here I had to battle as the movie's were war/fighting movie's, and we sat in the front row, to get a good scene view, but that also meant we were in front movie row!! One good thing was that there was no sound! Ouf…So I got Tullula to gaze at the passing cows, goat and god! She liked the rosters!!! She slept some more…

We arrived in Suva at 11H30…My dad had some things to do in town, so he left me at the Craft Market…
Its terrible how camera shy I get in these so photogenic places!!! It makes me feel like such a tourist (that I am), it makes me feel like I am being a bit of a peeper!

We walked around…Tullula had a play at the local play ground! And we had lunch at a little asian place, tucked away, fans blowing and locals coming and going!

Our funniest experience was when my father wanted to take me to the presidential palace, to have a look at it! We hailed a passing Taxi, and set off! The driver was not quite able to clearly understand my fathers broken English and where we wanted to go! As this was going on, and we are driving to the wrong places, Tullula asks me for her Doudou (cloth comforter). I don’t have it, she cries, I tell her we must have dropped it and we will go find it! So she is sitting next to me (in the taxi, without seat belt or car seat I may add) sobbing slightly, my dad is confused as to where the Palace is, and the cab driver clearly does not know where we want to go and takes us to some government building!!!
My dad then goes: “OK, turn around and take us back to where you pick us up!”
The cab driver goes “where I get you?”
My dad “yes the baby loose something”
So he turns around and take us back, clearly he is confused now, but with a big smile!!!
Doudou, was exactly where we got into the cab! Tullula is happy, the taxi driver asked my dad, so this is good? We get out, “yes yes”
We sit and have a good laugh. This guy must of thought we were strange!!!

We decide to relax at the yacht club for a cold bear and take the 4h30 bus back to Lautoka!
Another 4hrs bus, 15min taxi and a late dinner for all and to bed!
What a day!
But I now have had a glimpse of the Capital of the Fiji, and I must say its busy, music in the air, full of little restaurants, cheap and there is everything!
What a day and I am proud of my little Tullula, she was so good in the 8hrs 
of bus we did!!

Photobucket
 Grand-pa and grand daughter time at the playground!



0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...