Friday 6 July 2012

Landed!



Landed.
Today Tullula and I flew off on our Holiday!
Destination Fiji…To spend 3 weeks with my father on his sailing boat!
All week we have been telling her we are going on a plane, that Papa was staying home and we were going to stay on a boat!
Well we have arrived!
The flight is only 3hrs, despite my restlessness and eager to just be there already it went by quit fast I must say!
I have a “goodie bag” of entertainment ready for Tullula’s in flight entertainment, that came to great use as there was none provided by the air line!!!
She was exited to see the plane go “fast” as we took off and laughed her way though it!!!
Plus very much enjoyed the Apple juice I had for her to drink as an ear regulator!!!
Even asked for me, as if it was the way to go…She never has juice!!!!
 





 















Our arrival went well, Music playing in the airport arrival, people continuously saying “BULA” (hello in Fijian)…And a very happy Papi (grand-pa) waiting at the arrival gate!!!

(who had been sitting there since 1h15, as he had planned to take the local bus to the airport as its $1;50 compared to $45 for the taxi…Ok, the bus take 3hrs as it stops every 200metre and the Taxi 20min, but as he set out to catch the bus he got a lift to the main road, and at the main road did not get to sit 10min waiting for the bus when a taxi pulled up saying he was going that way anyway and would drive him to the air port for a minimal $4…so he took it and got at the airport at 1H15…He says he is happy, he got to nap in the seat at the airport…that’s my father)…

The smell coming out the plane, had a slight hint of spices, or was it just me looking for it, knowing there was a lot of India here??? (and that I love India)!
On the boat, Tullula is shy, but opens up real fast, and is happy to be with Papi, keeps on saying “its Papi” and trying to get his attention!
Tonight we went out for dinner, at the yacht club…well my dad had told me that if someone here says they will be back in an hour, expect then in the morning, and if they say they will be back tomorrow, its most likely they will be back in a few days…But he did not say that a grilled fish and chips would take 1hrs!!!
I think no one expected that actually at the dinner table!!
Yes, cause in this cruising world there is a massive sense of belonging!!!
I just love it…
See when we arrived at the yacht club restaurant, my dad saw an old friend, went to say hello, he then came to say hello to me, the last time I had seem him I was about 15years old!!!
Well he went back to his friends, but within  few minuets, they got up and joined us!!!
Just like that!!!
How cool is that???
Then and hour went by, un-noticed for the most part, as we were all deep into sailing adventure stories, or talking about this or that place…The world around a table!
We ate, and then on the way back to the boat, there was a group of Frenchies, all sitting on the floor, at the bottom of a boat on dry dock, drinking Rum and chatting away!
We got invited and there we were, drinks in hand, cushions under our bum and once more part of a social group!!
Belonging!!!
I have missed it so much!!
Its late, Tullula needs to sleep, I have pushed it a bit for my own pleasure!
But we now have friends for tomorrow and plans to go to the local faire!!!


Photobucket 


1 commentaires:

Nellies said...

This sounds all very good. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...