Wednesday 14 September 2011

Space Invader's!!!!

No, I'm not talking about Aliens!!!
I'm talking about Street Art...
When I lived in Paris, one quite Monday afternoon I decided to go to the movies for my day off. Now I just Love old "black and white" movies. So I went to one of the old theatre where all they play is old stuff!
that day I actually went to see, a Audrey Hepburn movie, I cant recall which one it was, but anyway!!!
As I sat outside waiting for the few people to line up I noticed a tall curly haired young man sitting there too, reading, somehow I felt that he was out of place, and it was obvious that he was Not French...he too came into the movies!!!
After the show, there he was again, looking for something outside, and looking a bit confused and lost. he asked me where he could catch the bus, and we started talking. he was from Holland on holidays with hi family and needed to get away so came to the movies...What had be lost I asked???
Oh his bicycle had been stolen he said!
really, that's terrible I said, and he was quite to say "oh no, he too had just found it"...he was a funny guy, and we ended up spending the rest of the day together, and in the evening we went out dancing...It was one of the many encounter of Paris i have had...Moments spend with lovely people and then life goes on!!!
He is the one that pointed out to me my very first space invader...I had never seen them before, but after that day I was too see them everywhere, and it became a passion obsession to try and find them all around Paris...
It was great fun. I know that the movement has gone beyond Paris, and it in many big city's of the world! It really cool... So here are a few of the Space Invaders that I have collected...
As for the Artists who started the Invasion, we are not too sure who he is...He does have a Book but I prefer to hunt for myself!!!

Have you ever seen one of them before?? 
What street art do you like?
Posted by Picasa

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...