Wednesday 7 September 2011

Cooking-Bacon and Carrot tartellets!

I really enjoy to cook, but I must admit that I suck at following receipt's!!! I really tend to cook best when I just invent something, and that's usually when we have not much left, or really when Stephen thinks we have Nothing left!!! But somehow I pull it together and have made some really good dishes...But Unfortunately most of those are going to be hard to document, as they just happen and then I'm never too sure what and how I did it!!!
So today I will just share a really simple and easy to make dish that came in a French pasty package!
I have made this many times, its great for Party's or for children!
And as i have already said, very easy to make, give it a try!!!!

Ingredients: Shortcrust pastry

                     200gr carrot's
                     50gr bacon
                     20gr slivered Almonds
                     20gr cheese (in France we would use Gruyere, 
                                               but here I just use tasty cheese)
                     1 or 2 Tablespoon Fresh heavy cream.
                     Salt and pepper!!!
 You will also need, Muffin Tray, Butter and Flour!
Step 1:  
Peal and dice carrots roughly. Put to boil in Pan with water until soft.

Step 2 :
Cut bacon into little squares and fry in dry pan...then also brown Almonds, set both aside!

Step 3 :
When carrot's are cooked, mash up in mixing bowl to a smooth mash consistency, ad salt and pepper to taste and add Heavy Cream.

Step 4 :
Preheat Oven to 180*, prepare Muffin trays with Shortcrust Pastry (prepare tray with butter and flour lining).
 
Step 5 :
Fill each muffin mould with carrot mash, then Almonds then bacon and cover with cheese. Place in oven for about 30 to 40 min...

And VOILA, its all done and its DĂ©licieux!!! 







Do let me know if you have tried it and how you went!!! Also if there is anything that you did not understand in my directions, do contact me on my facebook and Il help you out!!!

3 commentaires:

Sissy Sparrows said...

Wow these look DELISH...am always looking for ways to feed vegies to the kids...thanks for the recipe.

Sissy Sparrows said...

Wow.. that recipe looks DELISH...I am always looking for ways to get more vegies into the kids...thanks for sharing.

Sarah M. said...

@Sissy Sparrows
Its great for kids! And it really is DELISH!! Have you tried it? how did you go?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...