Wednesday 19 October 2011

When Paradise becomes Hell


I have been thinking about this all week. In disgust, in horror, in surprise and in a state of chock I guess too!

The Marquises to me have always been a very special place for me!
The first time i went there was when I was 15...
 I can to this day remember arriving there with my family, after many days spend at sea, drifting, fishing, taking our time to cross the Pacific from the Galapagos Islands! The wind had died down as we were about 100mile off the coast, so many days were spend dreaming of that place that was all still a mystery!
I Remember that early morning when finally someone spotted land.
The excitement, it was dawn and it was beautiful! As we sailed along the coast, toward the bay of Taiohae on the Island of Nuku Hiva, with the sun rising lifting the slight night dew and with at came the smell of rich soil and the most exquisite flowers!

We live there for a year!
I had a horse, we explored the islands, we did odd jobs, I tried to go to school and learnt to dance the Tamouré! Those Islands, really did in fact make a little part of who I am!

So, I was delighted at the thought of been able to go back there in 2010, and it was still just as beautiful...Ok, time have changed and there evolution can be practical but charm unfortunately gets lots with all of that!!! So there are some things that I was disappointed with!
But that life... Yet, I was delighted at the fact that my very first child was born there, in the tiny little hospital.
I love the fact that during labour I went for a swim in the Ocean, and walked around the gardens...Hens everywhere!!!
And I will for ever remember after Tullula was born, and after we had been in Observation for the two hours and finally we were allowed to our room to sleep for the night, as those hospital doors opened, again that smell of the Tiare flower, flowing into my nostril! As a welcome to a little girl!!!

Those islands are such a beautiful place on earth! Everyone is so very friendly, its clean, the music goes straight to your soul, the dancing, the great food, the easy peaceful uncomplicated life!!!
I have often thought of them as Paradise... But its amazing how that paradise can actually he Hell for some!
So, in the email I got was the news of this German sailor that was taken on a hunting trip, and was never to return! His wife almost got raped by the guy who took her husband hunting. A fire was found, with remains!!! Now those islands did practise cannibalism, but has been done again buy this one hunter??
Here is a news article about it: Greman missing  
tahiti news
I feel such sadness for that lady! She came to paradise and will forever remember it as Hell! How horrible is that!! I cant even imagine what she must be going though, but it sure that the Marquises will not be a place she will have fond memories of like I do!!!

I know this pots is not very pleasant, but I had to share as its part of my world!
Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...