Thursday 13 October 2011

The Sounds of Our childhood

 This Morning after I dropped off Tullula at day care, I went for a run!
I have been feeling that my body needs to move, needs to be used!
After my run, I did some yoga stretches and as I did the final relaxation pose I heard an out-board engine!
(I was by a very calm beach, where many boats play around on the water, fishing)...
And I was delighted...
Yes delighted by the sound of an engine!
Strange??
yes, but it took me back to my childhood, to my upbringing!
So as I layed there, I focused on that sound and got lost in the memories that were all rushing back to me!
I used to keep a whole lot of perfume bottles that had that same effect on me, took me back to certain places, people and time.
But the sound of the engine was all my childhood in one package! 
hearing the engine was someone coming home, a visit, going ashore, going for a ride, exploring! It was soo much fun!
It was great!



                                                                                                                                                                            That's me, riding on the dinghy when I worked in the
                                                                                                                                                   Caribbean!

 What are the sounds of your childhood?

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...