Monday 13 April 2009

And the Journey Continued

From Colombia and my fist big sale, we continued along to Panama, Costa Rica and then eventually the Pacific Islands.
Central America is Artisan Heaven.
They are so Talented, with so many Tecniques, and they have so much resources...I think i was still a bit too young at the time to really get totally into it and learn...

I had other things on my mind, than making jewerlly for a living...Come on I was in my early teens, going out dancing every friday and saturday
and days spent at the beach with my good friends Edith and Daisy,

Yet we did not have much money, and every little bit that we could earn was a plus...So I helped, I was manual, I was capable...
I must of learnt some things while we were in panama, I used to sit on the street next to a Chilian Artisan, Vino, and he took a liking to my sister and I sitting next to him so he showed me a few trick...

Once we got to the Pacific Islands, by then I was 15, I was a bit more mature and more interested to learn.
I learnt to prepaire Coconut leaves for weaving, to use coconut fibre from the husk, make traditional fishing hooks with mother of pearl and of course use coconut for ornaments...All while i was learning to dance Tamouré and Rowing Dragen boat with the very famouse marquisian Singer Rataro.

It was a great experience, and I was geting eager to move along, growing in all sorts of ways...

The Pacific was grand, and ahead of us now!

1 commentaires:

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - its great to meet another Aussie artist, cheers Val (lovely jewellery by the way)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...