Saturday 21 March 2009

How it all Started!

Making things that is...

I was 12 years old, and we had been saling in the Indian Ocean for about 10 years, mainly in between the Chagos Islands, Mauritious, Rodriguez, Reunion and South Africa...One of the things we did at one point was collect shells and coral that we would sell in front of the super markets on Reunion Island.

So when we left The Indian Ocean, and headed towards the Altantic and Central America, we still had quite a few Pencil Earchins and shells aboard!


My father always had so many wonderfull ideas, so he said:

-"sarah, here are some earchins and shells, you will make jewerlly.
Morgan (my older brother) here is some rope, you will make knots!"

Thats how it all started, a sort of hobby to keep me busy, as well as a way to help the family eat!
Cause little girls that make and sell things really hits poeple's hearts!

My father made me this board to show off my things, earings and necklaces, and my first client in Cartagena in Colombia bought it all, including the stand!

MY first steps as an artisan!

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...