Thursday 28 February 2013

En Francais!

I have been often asking Tullula to say things to me in French...As surly if she understands me she can say the words? But she says that she does not know, so I tell her in French for her to repeat, but all she says is "I cant" or smiles or makes a fake attempt!
Its clear she does not want to talk in French...
Now there are still some words she says Only in French, and others that she mostly says in French and Translates them to English if needed! But most of her conversations are in English.
I really wonder how she will go when we go to France, and am really hoping that she will make a switch to French....
DREAM DREAM DREAM....
I reassure myself by the simple fact that she still understands everything I say to her, as I am still talking to her exclusively in French!
Tonight as I put her down in her bed, she asked to more milk as I was saying "Bonne Nuit" to her, and as she replied "Good Night"...So I repeat "Bonne Nuit" and she just smiles...Cheeky thing, clearly she knows what I want. So  I say If you say "Bonne Nuit" (of course the whole sentence was more like; si tu dit bonne nuit en français je vais te chercher plus de lait!) I will get you more milk!
So she puts on the cheekiest of smiles and says" Bonne nuit"
Just like that, matter of factish way....Sort of I can say it but choose not to do so!

I still find that on the days that we spend the whole day together, she tends to use a bit more French words, or repeats a bit more some of the words I say!

Having a nice little milkshake!

I have also started to wonder if her puzzle solving is due to learing two languages?
Does anyone know?
Tullula is really good at Puzzles, she can put together a 35piece puzzel, one that she know, but still it a  lot of pieces for a little girl of 3, or is it??
I have heard that being billingual was a great problem solving tool, so I am wondering if puzzle solving comes with it as well!
Thoughts.....


 

Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...