Friday 8 June 2012

A Fountain of Words!

Things can be so very different from one country to the next! I often get amazed at the things that are actually different, things we use daily and yet we just don't think that maybe, somewhere else its very different!

Now, I have been writing a Diary/Journal since I was 12 years old!
It was on that Birthday, we were about to leave South Africa, the Indian Ocean; where we had lived for almost 10 years!! My parents really would of loved to stay to live in South Africa, but they could sense that things were going to change! We had seen some horrible things, some changes that had not worked too well and maybe after all that time roaming:Sailing that side of the globe it was time to move on!
So, we all got given a Diary/Journal; looking back at it I guess it made sense, we were about to go on a Adventure and my Father said we should write what we did/felt on a daily basis!
What a Wonderful Gift!
 To this day, I have just about then all, in a great big box, and a few tied up as they don't close very well with the amount of papers/photos/post cards and bits and pieces I have collected along the way!
Now that I have Tullula, sure I don't write as much as I used to, and this Blog has somehow become part of the writing, but it still sits beside my bed and when I get a chance I write to the best listener in the whole world, My Diary!
 This is my 2012 Diary.


Now being French (I think) I write with a Fountain Pen, and before I left France I had a big stock of cartridges, but things do run out and for a few weeks now I have run out of Ink!
So today I did not for get to get some while at the Office Supply shop!
But all they had was Black! In France they is almost a whole isle of then, all the colours from Green to Pink and Purple, Pale Blue, Dark Blue I am sure if you had some fancy you would find the colour!!!!
Then, I realised that its not very common to use fountain pens, as the girl behind the counter commented that she once was taught to use one in Primary School, but did not think it was done any more and that she thought she would no longer know how to use it!
How funny that sounded to me, "you don't know how to use a pen any more?"...
I googled it and there are sites where one can learn to write with a Fountain Pen.
I did say that I found that in Anglo-Saxon Country's they tended to write in upper or lower case, where us in France we wrote still a faire bit in Script, and that really it was easier to write in Script with a fountain pen!
See just a simple thing like writing and we are so very different!
So I looked up the History of the Fountain Pens, and yes France, Germany, India and the UK were the main country to still use them today! I am pretty sure France could be the Country that uses it the most!

Now I think like every one who likes to write I have a Special Pen that I use, and I use  Jordi Labanda Pens! (I have a certain Link with Barcelona, it sure is a Deep Deep root)...But the 1st one I had was given to me by a dear friend and it was so smooth to write with, and so pretty to have that since then I have had a few more and am still very happy with them!

So there is my Fountain of Words!!





Photobucket

1 commentaires:

Unknown said...

Sarah qué gracia! yo tambien escribo con pluma!!! mi madre me trae una pluma nueva cada vez que viene de visita...yo tenia una coleccion buenisima con una caja de exposicion de madera y todo...ya te explicare que ha pasado con mi coleccion cuando te vea (muy triste la historia...no la quiero ni escribir!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...