Thursday 9 May 2013

Conversations!

I think we have entered a really funny stage for the world around us!
We have been going out to social events like camping festivals ever since Tullula was a little baby, but I think being in such close proximity with others changes as children get older, start walking and moslty talking, being more social!

Not that Tullula is very social yet, but talking she sure does a lot of!!
This weekend we went to our second "The Planting Festival" and it was interesting to hear how poeple around us were amused at the conversations they were hearing from Tullula and I!
A One way conversation...As reality is they were not able to understand what I was saying, but could understand all Tullula had to say, and could clearly see that we were having a coherent conversation, meaning that Tullula was understand all I had to say....

When I think of it, its true that it must be strange to hear such a conversation...To realise that we are having conversations in two languages, each our own yet understand one another!



Stephen has continued on to tell me that for him, being on the outside of it, he has witnessed many moments where poeple raise an eye brow, or are amused at what they are seeing/hearing...He has found it interesting to stand back and watch it happen...I cant see it, as I am in it. But it must be so interesting to observe!
If it was me, I would want to sit there and stare at myself and Tullula all day!

There also has been a change in the way people per sieve me...I have mentioned how isolating it has been to talk to Tullula in French and all, but I get the impression that now others/strangers realise that I must speak English, as despite me talking to her in French, I seem (well I do, but to others I seem) to be understanding her English, thus I must be able to speak it too!!
And this weekend has be the proof of that, as poeple would speak to me as well without any apprehension that maybe I did not speak English!
How wonderful...


Buts that's just the way it is at the moment...I speak in French and Tullula replys mostly in English!
And I hope someday it will change where we will both be speaking French and just sound like foreigners!!

              Here is a little video of a band that playing this weekend, I just LOve her voice!

Enjoy!
Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...