Wednesday 12 September 2012

On your Potty!


I had been told that children in cloth nappies were cleaner sooner!
It somehow made sense to me, after all cloth nappies are really uncomfortable (not that I remember) and the poor child must often feel wet/damp!
We also realised how true the fact might be when we discovered in the shopping aisle of the super market, nappies that were made for potty training, that had a "WET" feel!!!
Disposables have become so good at absorbing, that children are no longer able to feel wet, thus the discomfort and want to get out of them and into undies!

Yet I am sad to say that cloth nappies have not been as effective as I had thought or hoped!
And at 2 and 7months Tullula is only just about to get out of Nappies!!!!

Since she has been 2 I have been trying to get her to go on the loo!
I have sat her on many occasions, hoping the click would happen! I am embarrassed to say that I have left puddles of wee behind me in various places, including super markets!
I have carried towels and the potty where ever I have gone!
In vain...Tullula just was not ready!
So I stopped pushing, happy that at least she was willing to sit there once in a while and doing her big business on the loo!
 No more dirty nappies was a start!


But these past two weekends, we have had major progress...Well this weekend especially!
Out of nappies all day, and she is even telling us when she needs to wee and we get to the potty on time!
After nap time nappies are dry, and I have big hopes that this is it!

No more nappies for us, at least during the day maybe?
These changes are very very exiting, a huge step in our lives development, but also sad; no not sad not to have to wash any nappies any more, but just that my little baby is growing up and no longer is a baby!

Photobucket

0 commentaires:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...